I want to feel balanced.
But there are just too many things to do in a day.
So, how do I find time for it all?
Today, we’re going to talk about two big components of work-life balance – boundaries & time management.
In this post, I am going to share self-reflection questions you can ask yourself & a simple exercise you can do to gain back time.
Here are some of the things I’ll be covering:
- Personal boundaries & questions to help you identify if they’re at risk
- A simple exercise to help you gain back time you have been losing
- The basic time-management tips that some folks overlook
i want to feel balanced.
You struggle with finding work/life balance. ⠀
Believe me when I say, I understand.⠀
My day usually starts between 6 or 6:30 am…
And I don’t stop moving until 8 or 9 pm.
I don’t feel overwhelmed usually.
So, what changed?
In this country, we are rewarded for working late, picking up extra hours on weekends, & being available at all times.
But answering work calls after dinner & checking work emails as soon as you wake up wears you thin. ⠀
On top of this, the quality of your work suffers when you don’t take breaks & make time for self-care.
Given that time is such a precious commodity, & that you want a high quality of life, it’s important to be clear about where your boundaries are.⠀
- not working outside of your normal work hours
- communicating about inefficient processes
- asking for help when it seems like projects are going to roll into weekends & holidays
- And committing to self-care.
Why commit to self-care?
Because self-care fills your tank, & without it, you’ll be running on fumes.⠀
girl...you're doing too much.
Nine times out of ten, I see my coworkers & clients working late, pulling weekends, scrambling to get it all done…
And having no time for self-care.
And nine times out of ten, their physical and mental health seem to be failing.
So, with all that being said, turn inwards for a moment & ask yourself the following questions:⠀
- What is it that you value in your life? How does pushing past your boundaries not align with that?
- Where in your life do you feel the most pressure to push past your boundaries?
- What could you say or do to restore balance?
- How can you use your creative skills to make room for self-care?
but there are just too many things to do in a day...
I know you feel like it’s impossible.
You’re looking at the list of things to do & thinking, it’s just too many things.
So, here’s a video introducing you to an exercise that can help you get clear on where to make changes.
How do you find time for it all?
In addition to getting clear on your boundaries & making changes to your routine tasks, you’d be amazed by what happens when you exercise robust time-management skills.⠀
The basic time-management skills are:⠀
- Know the time⠀
- Be aware of how much time a task takes ⠀
- Keep appointments on a calendar⠀
- Make short & simple to-do lists⠀
- Keep your inbox organized⠀
- Use checklists/spreadsheets for routine tasks⠀
- Use a project tracker for project scheduling⠀
- Monitor your energy level⠀
- Take breaks⠀
Want to receive the exact time management tools I share with my clients? Sign up for my workshop replay – How to Shave 2 Hours Off Your Workday & Still Get Things Done – & receive all 5 days of the workshop in your inbox.